Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Vault

I have a habit that embarrasses Darling Daughter. Wait, who am I trying to kid? She's 13 - everything I do embarrasses her.

But this particular habit is that when I get out of the car to pump my own gas, and I swipe my credit card through the pump card reader, I put my credit card into my bra, and then start pumping gas. I usually forget it's there and then go to the store and think I've lost my card.

Hey, I'm middle-aged, gravity has already taken it's toll - it may as well be good for SOMETHING. Heck, I could stick a can of soda in there and smuggle it into the theater. But not chocolate. That would melt and make a mess.

I thought I was the only one who did this. My daughter has certainly made it clear that I'm a freak in this regard.

Then we had an event at the church, and I was approached by a visitor (a woman) who asked me for a phone number. I gave her my answer - and she wrote it down and TUCKED IT INTO HER BRA. (I was standing there at that precise moment with a credit card tucked into my OWN bra.)

Just then another women from church walked by and I asked her if I had given the correct phone number. "Hold on, let me check," she said, as she PULLED HER CELL PHONE OUT FROM HER BRA.

Now I have a new name for my bra. I call it THE VAULT.


11 comments:

RiverPoet said...

:-D

My mom used to put everything in her bra. It was her second purse! I haven't ever gotten into that habit myself, but I know plenty of women who do just that.

Peace - D

As Cape Cod Turns said...

OK, laughing out loud and reading parts to my 9 year old. During a day I didn't have pockets, I put money in my bra. I am not a big fan of purses, so this was just as easy. Well, I forgot and couldn't find the money for the life of me, until I was in the stall at Target and felt something pinch my boob. "Hey, my money, YIPPEE!" Of course 9 year old was with me and we had a good laugh about this. That is why I had to share your story with her. Thankfully, she is still at the age where she thinks it is hilarious, not idiotic!
I love that one lady had her cell phone there. I may have to do a study to see how many different things I can put in there!

Don Mills Diva said...

I love that. I might start doing that just for the entertainment value of it...

Anonymous said...

Ha! That is hilarious. I can see how I would have freaked out if my Mom did that. As a teenager you think all your friends notice everything.

Anonymous said...

Laughing out so loud at this post. hehehehahaha I have seen many women through the years keep stuff in their bra. It's pretty handy.

Tenakim said...

Too funny! Not meaning to make you feel old- but my Grandma did that with her loose dollar bills. I just put things in the waistband of my underwear (probably worse), I don't want to add any more bulk to what's in my bra!

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Oh my, I see it coming in my own world much too soon! So very funny!!

Melisa Wells said...

Hilarious!
We have an older client (probably in her 70's) at the salon who will sometimes, when it's time to pay up, ask my boss (who is giving her a manicure) to reach into her bra for her money.

And I'm just now starting to go..."Hmmmm." ROFL!

Tee said...

Sounds like a plan to me, it cracked me up, ROFL!

foolery said...

Oh, now THAT'S funny. I don't do that because a credit card would be pretty darned noticeable in my lack of cleavage. Not to mention that it would just clatter to the floor.

sarahbobeara said...

hahahahahahaaha! excellent name for your storage area!!

i don't think i've had to do that. YET. i do have the room for it though, seems like those demi-cup styles just scream 'cargo space'!