Monday, March 31, 2008

That was a close one...

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I'm in the menopausal years. One of the bizarre interesting side effects is that hair no longer grows on my legs, but shows up on my upper lip.


To combat this bizarre interesting turn of events, I discovered this handy little appliance...




Usually I stand at the mirror and use it. This morning I was sitting on my bed daydreaming watching the news, waiting for my husband to vacate the one and only bathroom we have in this old house. I reached over and grabbed my little trimmer and set to work...er...shaving.

I vaguely remember thinking that this scratching handy appliance really felt good on my face, and I started slowly moving it around my face, still spacing out watching CNN.

Suddenly I realized I went a little too high with my scratching
appliance and my heart nearly stopped. Yikes! I was afraid to look for fear I only had one eyebrow!

And I don't mean this type of ONE EYEBROW...




I mean THIS kind of ONE EYEBROW...




But fortunately I still had BOTH brows.


Which fall somewhere in between this....

and this...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm laughing so hard...with every new photo I was losing it.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Sweet 'stash! I love when my 9 year old sits on my lap and tells me about all the hairs on my face and that maybe I ought to shave them.

What part of Cape Cod are you coming to in 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days?

KathyLikesPink said...

We stay in Dennisport. Tried to email you but it didn't go thru...

As Cape Cod Turns said...

My email is ascapecodturns@yahoo.com
Maybe we can have a blogger party!

Susan said...

I'll laugh all day about this one!

Tee said...

This cracked me up. Seriously, my dermotologist has told his female patients of all ages for years to shave their neck and throat. You shave up on your neck and down on your face. There was an article in the Atlanta paper about him and it featured the info about ladies shaving their face. His theroy is men's faces are smooth and not as wrinkled mainly because they shave. I was afraid I would grow a beard. He said no way women don't have enough testosterone.

Tee said...

Make that neck and face, not neck an throat.

Tony said...

Wow, to emulate the words of Paul Hogan in Crocodile Dundee, Thatt's not a Moustache.... This is a Moustache. As a Moustached person I must say I am now suffering moustache envy. Although I must say that I don't envy the last set of eyebrows. I think he musta went back for seconds when God was handing out eyebrows. I like your very pink blog & sense of humour so much I've added you to my blog list.
Regards Tony

Tony said...

In reply to Tee: I absolutely hate shaving, the only reason I don't have a beaqrd is that my Wife says a definite NO on the matter. I only shave to keep her happy, but I still hate it :-)

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

So very funny!

Anonymous said...

FUNNY!!! My brother-in-law paid for plane tickets to anywhere in the US for my husband's and my honeymoon. I picked Boston and Cape Cod. I loved Cape Cod with the beautiful beaches and lighthouses. Have fun on your trip.

Joeprah said...

I found your blog via Suburban Scrawl, very funny stuff! Take care!