Thursday, March 20, 2008

Stick a fork in me, I'm done

I'm the church secretary at one of the two churches in my very small, very quaint, very charming New England town. I enjoy it very much. With the exception of two times a year.

Advent and Lent.

Of course these are the BIGGIES in a church year. Christmas and Easter, we see folks in church that we never see the rest of the year (unless they need a wedding or a funeral...but that's a post for another day). During these special times of year, the church is usually decorated in a special way; there are extra worship services; attendance is up; there are special gatherings or meals. It's a very active and coming-togther time for a church. It's beautiful and awe-inpiring.

Unless you're the church secretary. In a small church, in a small town.

"Pay no attention to the secretary behind the curtain!"


(Or the Minister. But she can get her own blog. "Hi Boss!")

This week especially, when everything is really happening at once, I start wondering if my suit came back from the cleaners....

And I start to hope that I can get everything done in a timely manner before I am forced to don my OTHER suit...

I would be the one on the left...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny! I hope your other suit makes it back from the cleaners, lol.

Susan said...

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

LOL~ You can't steal my outfit! The one on the bottom! I'm using it today.. and my broom too!!

Melisa Wells said...

Oh my gosh, that was so funny! I know how you feel though. So annoying. You'll get through it...it's almost over! :)

(Have a piece of Easter candy...that always makes me feel better...and I'm JEWISH! LOL)

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

LOL! So very funny!!! Happy almost Easter

Kathleen said...

I can certainly relating to having "those types of days"... Hang in there and have a Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Oh that was very cute and creative...loved it...stick with Wonder Woman...you can do it!

Anonymous said...

You know I'm feeling THIS post. Even my boss, the rector, said, "You are gonna be so sick of church when this week is over."

I'm not, tho. I kind of enjoyed seeeing everyone, like you said.