Monday, March 24, 2008

Cats for sale - CHEAP!

Or maybe I'd even give 'em away.

Ok I won't give them or sell them. But I sure do think about it sometimes and this is one of those times.

I have always rescued animals, and 99% of the time they have been cats. This has not been done on purpose, I love all animals. If I found a hippo running loose in a parking lot I would take her home and keep her (but I wouldn't give up my closet space).

Currently we have two elderly cats (10 and 14) and a recently rescued kitten (much to The Hubs dismay).

They are all driving me nuts! NUTS, I TELL YOU!

This whole new-cat-in-the-house situation has really upset the apple cart. Oldest kitty is still very frisky and would like to chase string and play along with baby kitty, which totally freaks out the baby kitty. Middle kitty, who has always been very timid (and not too bright - we call her our 'dumb blonde' - no offense) has suddenly gotten very possessive and territorial and totally freaks out if baby kitty comes into the room. And baby kitty goes into major hiss mode if either of the other two walk past.

I have Darling Daughter ignoring the older cats and giving all her attention to baby kitty, which just makes the older cats come to me for attention. The Hubs wishes they would all sail off someplace never to be seen again. And ME trying to mother the whole lot of them.

They are constantly under my feet and winding about my legs and practically shouting "Me! Me! Love ME!" (except for The Hubs - he has his pride you know). I've come close to tripping over one or more cats several times already and I know it's coming. One day I will be pecking my blog entry with my nose because I'm in a cast thanks to these dang cats.

Of course I have to give them SOME credit. I couldn't blog without them...


Hazel, checking my layout

Hazel, pointing out something she'd like changed

*deep breath*

Ok. Now that I've got that out of my system, I want you (yes, YOU) to go over to House of Jules blog as she has a very funny post and video. Trust me. You'll get a kick out of it.

Hazel and Kathy, signing out....

1 comment:

Daisy said...

I am very glad you have some cats to help you blog. That's important!