Monday, May 5, 2008

A Lazy, Rainy Sunday Afternoon

After teaching Sunday School in the morning, I had a pretty lazy afternoon. Made a trip to Borders with Darling Daughter, and watched a good movie. Book stores are always dangerous places for me as I can spend a lot of money very quickly!
Here are my purchases, with links, in alphabetical order:




(I'm going to use this one in my Sunday School class)


(I get this every summer and try to take Darling Daughter to at least one of the places written up)

I also watched a good movie, "Evening." It starred Vanessa Redgrave and her daughter Natasha Richardson; Meryl Streep and her daughter Mamie Gummer; Toni Collette; Claire Danes. Here's the trailer:


And how was YOUR Sunday?

3 comments:

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Sunday was busy! K's birthday is Tuesday, but it started on Friday!I'm off to bake 3rd cake in 4 days.

I just bought Water for Elephants too. I read another of her books a few weeks ago, Riding Lessons. It was great! I am afraid I won't have time to read until I plop myself on the beach when school gets out. Ugh!

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Sounds like a DIVINE Sunday to me!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, bookstores are a dangerous place to be. I say I will stop in for a minute but then end up there for HOURS. Same goes for the library, "I will be right back." and come back hours later.
Very sad that I have no perception of time when I am having fun.

I will have to look for the Yankee Magazine. I keep on forgetting they changed the size format so I don't know what I am looking for.

Thanks for stopping by Penny Lane. I will come back tomorrow and check out your WW.