Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Book Meme

I liked the book meme over at Queen Goob's so I thought I'd play along.
------------------------------------------
Pick up the nearest book(s).
Turn to page 123.
Find the 5th sentence.
Copy down the next three sentences..
-------------------------------------------

"Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict," by Laurie Viera Rigler

She reminds me of Frank's mother, who, at our engagement dinner, talked to me incessantly about what a catch Wes was. Not her son, whom I was going to marry, but Wes, his best friend. Did I understand why such an extraordindarily good-looking young man such as Wes was still unatached?


"The Gravedigger's Daughter," by Joyce Carol Oates

Gus said it was good news, wasn't it?
Pa said, sputtering, "Bring the damn 'prize' out, I want to see this damn 'prize' for myself. Fast!"


"Fast" counts as a sentence there, right?

Actually I have finished the first book and am about to start the second. I just bought two new books but left them in another room so they don't count on this meme!

By the way, I have just read about MEME at Wikipedia (thanks for the idea, Goob!) and now I know it is pronounced in one syllable, to sound like GENE. Not MiMi, the heavily made-up secretary on "The Drew Carey Show." (blushing at my ignorance...)

No comments: