Friday, June 27, 2008

100th Post/Things About Me, 26-50

26. I love being a church secretary.
27. I can type 110 words a minute.
28. I just started a new job at a new church.
29. It’s a much bigger church in a much bigger town.
30. My old job was at a church that was first gathered in 1789.
31. My new job is at a church that was first gathered in 1721.
32. I’ve met members at the new church who can trace their ancestry in town back to eight generations.
33. Some of them can trace their ancestry back to the Mayflower.
34. My family came to America on a much later boat!
35. I seem to have surgery once each decade: knee surgery at 15, appendix out at 25, c-section at 36, and deviated septum at 48.
36. The surgery for the deviated septum did, in fact, help my snoring.
37. My family is grateful my snoring is better.
38. Note that I did not say my snoring was nonexistent!
39. I had six years of French class in school.
40. My junior high French teacher was my favorite teacher of all time.
41. I had years of piano lessons as a kid.
42. I loved playing the piano.
43 . Although I can still read music, I can’t play the piano anymore.
44. I wish I had studied the flute instead of the piano, because you can carry a flute with you throughout your life.
45. Both sets of grandparents had pianos as did my parents.
46. Somehow I ended up without ANY of the pianos. What’s up with that?
47. I loved all my grandparents dearly, and not a day goes by that I don’t think of them.
48. A life regret of mine is that Darling Daughter does not live closer to grandparents and cousins.
49. I never planned to have children; in fact I planned NOT to have any.
50. I can’t imagine life without Darling Daughter.

1 comment:

Lois said...

I have just read your 26-50 Post. It was interesting, it made me smile, and it made me sad. I, too, regret you have never lived closer..... love U. LGH