Saturday, September 13, 2008

Vanity, thy name is NOT KathyLikesPink

One offshoot of all this construction going on at home is that all the mirrors are down. Down and gone. We didn't have a lot of mirrors to begin with, and now those that we did have are gone. Where? I'm not sure. Will they show up again? I don't know that either. Perhaps they ended up in the dumpster. I just don't know.

The only mirror I can find is a small one with a magnet, meant to go in Darling Daughter's locker but attached to the side of the 'fridge.

I have to leave the house and go out in public each day. I'm not a vain woman, but I do wish to avoid looking foolish if at all possible. Apparently it's not possible.

When looking in this tiny mirror, I see an eye, an eyebrow, a small (very small) patch of hair. I shift my head right, then left, then take the plunge and hit it with hairspray.

I arrive at work and get right to it. At Job # 1, I am "balls to the walls" busy, if you will pardon the expression. It's generally a couple of hours before I head to the ladies room. And then ... yikes!

I look in the mirror - a big, normal mirror - and realize I'm sporting an Alfalfa 'do:




Or a Rod Stewart younger-days just-got-out-of-bed tousle...


Or a Groucho part and wave...



Or worse yet - the MOE....

Thankfully, I work in a church. They're very forgiving about many things. Goofy hair doesn't faze them in the least.

Or maybe they just think of me a comedy relief.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hysterical, I would like to see your alfalfa pic please! He-he.

DJ Kirkby said...

Hello widget brought me here. Funny post...

Unknown said...

Loved the post. You have given my smile for the day :-)

Here from Black Boxes!

dlyn said...

hilarious post! Got here via the Black Box :)

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine you with that Alfalfa do! I want to see that one. ROFL When all that construction is complete you won't know how to act with a real mirror.