Monday, September 15, 2008

A little fireman humor?

In a previous post, I told you about the old New England church in which I work, and I showed you a few pictures of outside, the views from the church. I didn't show you ONE view - primarily because they were still building it - the new fire station. Standing directly in front of my door, with my back to the church ....



and looking to the right, this is what you see...


Now - this MAY just be a coincidence.... But two days in a row, as I juggled my purse and portfolio and the mail from the mailbox and my ginormous cup of iced coffee, plus trying to get the key in the lock of the big ol' heavy door at the same time as I am pulling on said door with my little finger (it's a real trick to get this door open, I tell ya) ... two days in a row, the firemen have had a truck out on the driveway, and blown the siren at exactly the time I'm at my weakest moment.

Fireman humor? Or coincidence?

Both days, I about jumped out of my hair (my feet definitely left the ground), and I spilled my coffee. There's beginning to be a regular puddle in front of the door.

I've been working here four months and never had this problem. Now, two days in a row. I'm not sure if it was some weird 'testing out the sirens' thing or if they are yankin' my chain. Any thoughts?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are on their radar!

Anonymous said...

I think they know how to jerk your chain. If you can anticipate the blast of noise, try not to react and see if they continue to do this expecting a reaction. Have the leaves started to turn yet? I love New England in the fall. We have been three times in October. Love it.

Melisa Wells said...

I'm with Tee. Maybe you should bring them some cookies one day or something. :)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Ah, they are so bored, no fires to go to, you were such fun to scare. Love the word "Cutie-Patootie."

CrazySpanishGirl said...

I would love some playing around with firemen. So what are you complaining about? ;)

Mozi Esme said...

Take it as a compliment!

DesertHen said...

Oh, they are having fun with you......those rascally firemen! =)

I arrived here via the Black Box......very cool Blog you have =D

Polgara said...

Just popped in via black box
Pol x

Laura said...

Ok I could get in trouble for this...so shhhhh :)...I know for a fact it is on purpose. I have dated a fireman for a few years now and just that thing is what he brags about the most...he loves to scare people and see their reaction.

Anonymous said...

As a firefighter, it would be more of a coincidence because all machinery is tested before each shift, so if it was about the same time then thats most likely, then again we love having a good time so they could be messing with ya